NEWS: ACLS Announces Creation of the Steven Wheatley Fund
With a contribution to ACLS, you support the research of scholars across the nation and around the world. This research enhances our knowledge and understanding of history, culture, and ideas. You may wish to give to ACLS to honor a friend, mentor, or loved one. Consider pledging a monthly donation or remembering ACLS in your tax or estate planning. Every gift makes a difference. All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.
- The ACLS General Fund supports the work of ACLS overall.
- The ACLS Fellowship Fund directly benefits our fellows.
You may also direct your contribution to an ACLS named fund:
- The Frederic E. Wakeman, Jr. Fellowship Fund supports fellowships in Chinese history.
- The John H. D'Arms Fund supports the ACLS Fellowship Program and initiatives identified with D’Arms’s leadership in the humanities.
- The Oscar Handlin Fellowship in American History is awarded each year to an outstanding project.
Making a gift of securities is both simple and tax efficient. Gifts of appreciated stock may allow a donor to avoid capital gains tax in addition to receiving an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the stock. To initiate a gift of stock, we ask that you follow the instructions on the Stock Transfer Form. Please email or fax (212-573-9704) a copy of the completed form when the transfer is made with your broker.